FAQ – Barossa Experience Tours
FAQ – Barossa Experience Tours is based at Tanunda in the heart of the beautiful Barossa Valley and has been offering personalised small group and private Barossa Valley Wine Tours up to 6 guests for almost 20 years. Below is a collection of the most frequently asked questions about our tours & services so please feel to browse and contact us with any further questions.
Hope you find these answers helpful and thank you for considering our services.
Q – What vehicles do you use?
A – “We love comfort / space / plenty of leg room and great visibility”
Currently we have 2 modern a/c VW transporters which can carry up to 6 large adults comfortably in each along with 2 luxury long wheel base Caprice sedans as well as a modern Toyota Tarago (Previa)
(1) Q – Are your small group Full Day Barossa Wine Food & Heritage Tour available from Adelaide?
A – No. Our Small Group Tours are only available with Barossa Valley pick up.
From Adelaide / Airport & Glenelg pick up we only have Private Day Tours available.
(2) Q – Is your small group Half Day Barossa Wine & Food Tour available from Adelaide?
A – No. Our Small Group Tours are only available with Barossa Valley pick up.
(3) Q – Which Barossa locations do you pick up from for your Small Group Tours?
A – Our Small Group Tours include complimentary Barossa Valley accommodation pick up from Lyndoch / Rowland Flat / Tanunda / Bethany / Marananga / Seppeltsfield / Greenock / Nuriootpa / Light Pass / Penrice / Angaston / Flaxman Valley / Collingrove. Please enquire & discuss with us any other pick up locations. (Extra charges may apply)
(4) Q – Can you arrange pick up from Adelaide / Airport & Glenelg to join in the small group tours in the Barossa?
A – Generally no? however we do offer Private Vehicle transfers from Adelaide / Airport & Glenelg to the Barossa for 1-6 guests. From Adelaide pick up & same day return we would suggest a Private Wine Tour.
(5) Q – What is the minimum number of people on a Small Group Tour?
A – We need a minimum of 2 passengers for the tour to go ahead.
(6) Q – How large are the Small Group Tours?
A – We only carry a maximum of 6 passengers per vehicle.
(7) Q – I am travelling by myself, can I join in on a small group tour?
A – If seats are available you can join in provided we have a minimum of 2 guests booked. If at the time of your enquiry we have no other bookings we can put you on a waiting list and will contact you as soon as we have the minimum passengers to proceed.
(8) Q – Is there any public transport available from Adelaide to join your Small Group Tours in the Barossa Valley?
A – Yes, however a little challenging and can take a while.
There is a metro passenger rail service departing from the Adelaide Railway Station on North Terrace Adelaide to Gawler Railway Station. (Approx 45 minutes) with connecting LinkSa Barossa bus’s to the Barossa Valley. (Approx 30 – 40 minutes)
Unless you have the time, I would suggest to book a private wine tour from Adelaide or join an Adelaide based bus tour.
(9) Q – Are any of your tours available from Adelaide / Airport & Glenelg?
A – Yes. From Adelaide / Airport & Glenelg we have Private Wine Tours available for 1-6 guests.
(10) Q – Which tours are available from Adelaide / Airport & Glenelg?
A – Private Wine Tours for 1-6 guests.
Private Barossa Wine & Food Experience Tour
(11) Q – How many wineries do you visit on your small group tours?
A – We normally visit up to 5 wineries on our small group Full Day Barossa Wine Food & Heritage Tour and up to 3 wineries on our small group Half Day Barossa Wine & Food Tour.
(12) Q – Which wineries do you visit on your small group Full Day Barossa Wine Food & Heritage Tour?
A – This tour is a cultural journey of the Barossa and generally we focus on the historical wineries. (large, medium & boutique) While most guests are happy for us to choose we pride ourselves on flexibility and with small groups we can generally fit in any preferred winery visits or requests and discuss with the group and normally visit up to 5 wineries below.
The only set wineries we visit on this tour are Seppeltsfield Wines which includes a historical winery tour & tasting (approx 75 minutes) and we include a local produce platter lunch at either Peter Lehmann Wines or Lambert Wine Estates.
Large historical wineries often visited are Chateau Tanunda / Yalumba Wines / Seppeltsfield Wines / Jacobs Creek / Penfolds / Wolf Blass Wines & 1847 Chateau Yaldara.
Medium size wineries also visited are Peter Lehmann Wines / St Hallett Wines / Grant Burge Wines / Saltrams.
Popular historical boutique wineries often visited area Rockford Wines / Bethany Wines / Langmeil Wines / The Willows / Gibson / Turkey Flat / Kellermeister.
(13) Q – Which wineries do you visit on your small group Half Day Barossa Wine & Food Tour?
A – No set wineries and are flexible as to wineries visited above and discuss with the group.
(14) Q – Your small group Half Day Barossa Wine & Food Tour doesn’t include lunch. Can we stop for lunch on the tour?
A – Generally No as this is an after lunch small group tour, however speak to your guide who may be able to stop at a deli or bakery. Included in this tour is a self guided condiment tasting at Maggie Beers Farm Shop and the Barossa Valley Cheese Company where you can purchase some snacks.
(15) Q – Can we drink alcohol inside the vehicle?
A – No alcohol or BYO to be consumed inside the vehicle.
(16) Q – Is there water available onboard the vehicles?
A – Yes, we generally have enough complimentary bottled water onboard.
(17) Q – How many wineries are in the Barossa?
A – There are approx 60 wineries open daily to the general public and many others by appointment only.
(18) Q – How do I book a small group Full Day Barossa Wine Food & Heritage Tour or small group Half Day Barossa Wine & Food Tour with you?
A – Either call us or email us with your booking request providing dates / Barossa Valley accommodation pick up details and a contact phone number after which we will confirm with you.
(19) Q – How do I book a private wine tour?
A – Either call us or email us with your booking request with dates / Barossa or Adelaide accommodation pick up details and a contact phone number after which we will confirm with you.
(20) Q – We have our own wineries we would like to visit, which tour would you suggest?
A – We have some flexibility with our small group tours depending on how many other guests are on board. If you are the only guests we have total flexibility however we discuss any requests with any others onboard.
Private wine tours may suit you better which are private & exclusive with your own winery visits of choice.
(21) Q – Will the wineries be open?
A – Apart from Christmas Day / Good Friday most Barossa wineries are open daily to the general public and many boutique wineries by appointment only.
Please feel free to enquire with us.
(22) Q – Do we have to pay for wine tastings?
A – Generally no, however some wineries will have a redeemable tasting fee on purchases. Some will have a tasting fee on their more premium wines and wine tasting experiences. All tasting fees are at your own cost.
(23) Q – Are we expected to buy wines on you tours?
A – No, it’s up to you. While wineries prefer you to buy their wines there is no obligation. We suggest you take a wine price list with you and take notes while tasting and you can usually buy online however you may find some wines difficult to find elsewhere and suggest you purchase while at the winery. Consider signing up on the wineries mailing list to receive incentives.
(24) Q – What is the difference between your Small Group Tour and a Private Wine Tour?
Small group tours are shared with other guests with a minimum of 2 up to a maximum of 6 passengers and only available with Barossa Valley accommodation pick up.
Private wine tours are private & exclusive (non sharing) with your own group of 1-6 guests and include door to door pick up from your Barossa / Adelaide CBD / Airport (ADL) & Glenelg locations.
(25) Q – Which wineries & restaurants do you normally visit on your Private Barossa Wine & Food Experience Tour?
A – We generally visit 4 of the boutique wineries listed below:
Sample list of popular boutique wineries often visited are Artisans of Barossa / Bethany Wines / Charles Melton Wines / Elderton Wines / Gibson Wines / Greenock Creek Wines / Hentschke Wines / Hentley Farm Wines / Heritage Wines / Kaesler Wines / Kalleske Wines/ Langmeil Wines / Murray Street Vineyards / Rockford Wines / Rusden / Taste Eden Valley / Torbreck / Tscharkes Place / Turkey Flat Vineyards / Two Hands Wines / Yelland & Papps.
Lunch venue usually alternates between Vintners restaurant / Kaesler Kitchen / Salters however may change on the day.
(26) Q – Do offer Adelaide / Airport transfers to the Barossa?
A – Yes, Most visitors staying in the Barossa will self drive to the Barossa however if you prefer not to drive we offer Adelaide / Airport (ADL) Private Vehicle transfers to the Barossa & return for 1-6 guests. Please ask us for a quote.
(27) Q – How do we pay for our tour?
A – Generally we accept payment in full on the day of the tour unless you prefer to pre-pay. We accept Visa / MasterCard credit cards / Eftpos / Cash.
(28) Q – Do we have to pay a deposit?
A – No. Payment in full on the day of the tour is OK with us unless you prefer to pre-pay.
We only ask you contact us as soon as you can if you need to cancel the tour.